About Payam Sajedi
- University of Maryland, College ParkBachelor of Science – Microbiology, cum laudeHonors in Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics 2003-2007
- University of Maryland School of Medicine,Doctor of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha 2008-201
- Albert Einstein Medical Center – Transitional Year Philadelphia, PA 2012-2013
- University of Maryland – Diagnostic Radiology ResidencyBaltimore, MD 2013-2017
- University of California, Los Angeles – Neuroradiology Fellowship Los Angeles, CA 2017-present
- Honors Program, University of Maryland College Park 8/2003-5/2007
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellowship, University of Maryland
- College Park – Funding awarded to support undergraduate research in alternative splicing and nonsense mediated mRNA decay5/2006-5/2007
- Cum Laude, University of Maryland College Park 5/2007
- Undergraduate Thesis, University of Maryland College Park – Related to work involving alternative splicing and nonsense mediated mRNA decay (NMD) in model organisms 5/2007
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Beta Chapter at the University of Maryland School of Medicine 6/2011
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, University of Maryland School of Medicine Chapter 6/2011
- Joseph E. Whitley Memorial Award for Academic Excellence in Radiology 5/2012
- Albert Einstein Medical Center Transitional Resident of the Year 6/2013
- Teaching Award, Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine – Award given by radiology clerkship director based on medical student feedback and dedication to teaching
- University of Maryland Diagnostic Radiology Resident of the Year – For excellence in clinical service and commitment to the education of residents and students, awarded to one resident in the graduating class 5/2017
- Lin J, Kligerman S, Goel R, Sajedi P, Suntharalingam M, Regine W, Chuong M. State-of-the-Art Molecular Imaging in Esophageal Cancer Management: Implications for Diagnosis, Prognosis, and Treatment. Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology. 2015 Feb; 6(1): 3-19.
- Sajedi P, Mitchell J, Herskovits E, Raghavan P. Routine Cross sectional Imaging Prior to Electroconvulsive Therapy: A Tertiary Center Experience. J Am Coll Radiol. 2016 Apr;13(4):429-34.
- Sajedi P, Shet N. Imaging of Pediatric Neck Masses. Int J Head Neck Surg 2016;7(2):89-96.
- Sajedi P, Choksi R, Raghavan P. Acute quadriplegia in a patient with bacterial pericarditis. Appl Radiol. 2017;46(2):35-37.
- Sajedi P, Nunez J, Cronin C, et al. Carotid Bulb Webs as a Cause of “Cryptogenic” Ischemic Stroke. AJNR. 2017 Jul;38(7):1399-1404
- Sajedi P, Chelala L, Nunez J, Cronin C, Kittner S, Gandhi D, Raghavan P. Carotid Webs and Ischemic Stroke: Experiences in a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Submission in progress to JNR.