About David R. Gruen
- M.B.A. Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts. With
high honors; Amherst, MA. 2012
- M.D. Weill-Cornell University Medical College. New York, NY. 1991.
- B.A. Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences. Ithaca, NY. 1987.
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Adult and Pediatric Oncologic Imaging. Memorial
Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY. 1998.
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology. New York Hospital- Cornell Medical Center,
New York, NY. 1997.
- Residency, Anatomic Pathology. New York Hospital- Cornell Medical Center,
New York, NY. 1993.
- Internship, Internal Medicine. New York Hospital- Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY. 1992.
- Fellow, American College of Radiology, 2015.
- American College of Physician Executives, 2009.
- Mammography Quality Standards Accreditation, 1998.
- American Board of Radiology, 1997.
- The state of Connecticut, 1998.
- State of New York, 1992.
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1992.
- Stamford Health Medical Group, Director, 2015- present.
- Stamford Health Oncology Strategic Planning Committee, 2018-present. Stamford Hospital Medical Executive Committee, 2016-present.
- Stamford Hospital, By-Laws Committee Chair, 2015-present. Susan G. Komen- Connecticut Affiliate, Director, 2009-2015.
- Norwalk Hospital Board of Trustees, 2007-2009.
- Temple B’Nai Chaim, Director, 2013-2014.
- Stamford Health Medical Group
Stamford Health, Stamford, CT
Director of Women’s Imaging
Co-Director, Breast Care Program
Director, Stamford Health Medical Group Board of Directors
- Danbury Radiology Associates, P.C
Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT
Director of Women’s Imaging
- Norwalk Radiology Consultants, P.C
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT
Executive Committee Member
Director, Norwalk Hospital Board of Trustees
Director of Women’s Imaging, Marketing, Compliance Officer, Treasurer
- Durgan D, Burgwardt N, Gruen D, et al. Enhanced Navigation Improves Utilization of Recommended Services by Women with an Increased Risk of Breast Cancer. ASBS, 2018.
- Pass AR, Bishop J, Volpicelli ER, Gruen D. Breast Biopsy Can be Avoided for masses
without suspicious features in women 25 and younger. NCBC, Las Vegas, NV. April,
- Pass AR, Hammarquist S, Gruen D. Benefits of a Personalized Breast Cancer Risk Assessment in a Community Mammography Program. NCBC, Las Vegas, NV. April, 2016.
- Gruen DR. Breast Imaging: The engine driving a Successful Practice. Pulse The Magazine of MR. Autumn 2008.
- Schwartz LH, Black J, Fong Y, Jarnagin W, Blumgart L, Gruen D, Winston C, Panicek DM. Gallbladder carcinoma: findings at MR imaging with MR cholangiopancreatography. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2002 May-Jun;26(3):405-10.
- Gruen DR, Winchester PW, Brill PB, Ramirez E. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of myocardial infarction during prothrombin complex therapy of hemophilia A. Pediatr Radiol 1997; 27:271-272.
- Gruen DR, Gollub MJ. Intrahepatic Splenosis mimicking hepatic adenoma. AJR 1997; 168: 725-727.
- Gollub MJ, Gruen DR, Dershaw DD. Merkel Cell Carcinoma: CT findings in 12 patients. AJR 1996; 167 (3):617-620.
- Schneider R, Gruen DR, Brause B. Diagnosis of Infected Joint Prostheses. Sem Arthroplasty 1995; 6(3): 167-175.
- Limson-Pobre RN, Merrick S, Gruen DR, Soave R. Use of Diclazuril for the treatment of Isosporiasis in patients with AIDS. Clin Infect Dis. 1995; 20(1): 201-202.
- Zerah M, Ueshiba H, Wood E, Speiser P, Crawford C, McDonald T, Pareira J, Gruen DR, New MI. Prevalence of Non-Classical Steroid 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Based on a Morning Salivary 17-hydroxyprogesterone Screening Test: A small sample study. J Clin Endorinol Metab 1990; 70(6): 1662-1667.