What to Bring
When you schedule your appointment, you will receive information about what to bring and what, if any, preparation will be necessary for your exam.
Please be sure to bring the following:
- Photo ID
- Insurance information. Please bring your insurance card or evidence of insurance. In order to bill your insurance carrier(s) for services rendered, we will need the name of the carrier (company), their complete mailing address, your policy’s group number, and your personal identification number. If your insurance carrier requires a referral form, please bring it with you to your first appointment. If you are covered by Medicare or Medicaid, please bring the appropriate card.
- Medications. Please bring a list of all medications and dosages, including all over the counter medicines you are currently using.
- X-rays. If you have any relevant X-rays performed at any office or hospital other than Jefferson Radiology or Hartford Hospital, please bring them to your appointment. This includes mammograms. We will obtain any previous Jefferson Radiology or Hartford Hospital images so our radiologists can compare them with your new exam.
- Form of Payment. You may be asked to pay for services not covered by insurance. Please bring cash, check, or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express).
What should I bring to my procedure?
You may want to invite a family member or friend to accompany you to your procedure. Some of the things that you might consider taking include:
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, shoes.
- You may want to bring a book, magazine, or eReader to pass the time.
- Avoid wearing jewelry or valuables.
- Also, check specific exam / treatment for what you should bring