About Robert W. G. Gordon
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology FellowshipMassachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass.
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass.
- Transitional year-intern
Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Mass.
- American Alliance of Academic Chief Residents in Radiology
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- New England Society of Interventional Radiology
- Association of University Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Research Technician in Cancer Biology, Boston, MA
- Lead technologist in the development and implementation of a high-throughput genetic sequencing platform (Exon Grouping Analysis Sequencing)
- Technique is currently used in identification of specific disease-causing DNA sequences and used to identify genetic alterations, to determine the molecular basis for genetic diseases, and to provide carrier and prenatal diagnosis for genetic counseling
- Gordon RW, Anderson SW, Ozonoff A, Rekhi S, Soto JA . Blunt pancreatic trauma: evaluation with MDCT technology. Emerg Radiol. 2013 Aug;20(4):259-66. PMID: 23604978.
- Gordon RW, Tirumani SH, Shinagare AB, Kurra K, Jagannathan JP, Hornick J, Ramaiya NH. Imaging Features of Primary and Metastatic Extremity Leiomyosarcomas. Skeletal Radiology. 2014 May;43(5):615-22
- Heller HT, Mullen KM, Gordon RW, Reiss RE, Benson CB. Outcome of Pregnancies with Low-Lying Placenta Diagnosed on Second Trimester Ultrasound. JUM. 2014 Apr;33(4):691-6 PMID: 24658950
- Kindelberger DW, Lee Y, Miron A, Hirsch MS, Feltmate C, Medeiros F, Callahan MJ, Garner EO, Gordon RW, Birch C, Berkowitz RS, Muto MG, Crum CP. Intraepithelial carcinoma of the fimbria and pelvic serous carcinoma: Evidence for a causal relationship. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007 Feb;31(2):161-9. PMID: 17255760.
- Lee Y, Miron A, Drapkin R, Nucci MR, Medeiros F, Saleemuddin A, Garber J, Birch C, Mou H, Gordon RW, Cramer DW, McKeon FD, Crum CP. A candidate precursor to serous carcinoma that originates in the distal fallopian tube. J Pathol. 2007 Jan; 211(1):26-35. Erratum in: J Pathol. 2007 Sep;213(1):116. PMID: 17117391
- Sheehan SE, Gaviola G, Gordon R, Sacks A, Shi LL, Smith SE. Traumatic shoulder injuries: a force mechanism analysis-glenohumeral dislocation and instability. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Aug;201(2):378-93. doi: 10.2214/AJR.12.9986. Review. PMID: 23883219
- Sheehan SE, Gaviola G, Sacks A, Gordon RW, Shi LL, Smith SE. Traumatic shoulder injuries: a force mechanism analysis of complex injuries to the shoulder girdle and proximal humerus AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Sep;201(3):W409-24
- Broder, J., Gordon, R., Gupta, A., Anderson, S., Rhea J., Tkacz, J.. Practice Quality Improvement (PQI): Using the PQI process to improve the safety of computed tomography (CT) intravenous contrast injection. RSNA 2009.
- Contreras, F.; Broder, J., Gordon, R., Shaffer, K. Learning Cardiothoracic Radiology (And For Good This Time!): Using Spaced Education Adaptive Learning as a Diagnostic Radiology Resident Teaching Tool. RSNA 2009.
- Gordon R, Elgren T. (2003, March). The Sol-gel Encapsulation of Arthrobacter Globiformis Amine Oxidase. Poster presented at: National Conference of the American Chemical Society, New Orleans; New Orleans, LA.
- Gordon RW, Alomari A. Preoperative Embolization of the Marginal Venous System Prevents Massive Thrombosis. Illustration with Two Case Reports. Pediatric Interventional Radiology Symposium. Toronto Ontario Canada, 2012.
- Heller H, Mullen KM, Gordon RW, Reiss R, Benson C. Outcome of Pregnancies With a Low-Lying Placenta Diagnosed Between 16 and 24 Weeks’ Gestation. American Institute for Ultrasound in Medicine, New York, NY, April 8, 2013.
- Miron A., Gordon R., Wang W.. Iglehart, J. (2006, March). High Throughput Heteroduplex Detection (HTHD): A Rapid, Sensitive and Inexpensive Procedure for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Analysis”. Poster presented at: American Association for Cancer Research – Advancements in Cancer Research; San Diego, CA.
- Rubino J, Gordon R, Elgren T. (2004, January). “Sol-Gel Encapsulation of Amine Oxidase”. Poster presented at Gordon Research Conference: “Metals in Biology” Ventura, California.
- Sacks AC, Sainani NI, Sadow CA, Gordon RW, Cibas ES, Silverman SG. Utilization and results of adrenal mass biopsy in the PET/CT era: 11-year retrospective analysis. RSNA annual meeting 2013.
- Rubino J, Gordon R, Elgren T. (2005, January) Encapsulation of Metalloenzymes: Mechanistic and Spectroscopic Studies. Poster presented at Gordon Research Conference: “Metals in Biology”, Ventura, California.