About Shanshan Bao
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, Palo Alto, CA: Fellowship 2014 – 2016
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC: Residency 2010 – 2014
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA: Internship 2009 – 2010
- New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY: Doctor 2005 – 2009
- University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK: Abroad Program 2002 – 2003
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA: Bachelor of Arts in Molecular Cell Biology 1999 – 2003
- Board certified, American Board of Radiology, 2015
- California State Medical License, 2014 – present
- Summa Cum Laude
ISMRM Annual Meeting abstract for oral presentation, 2016
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
New York Medical College, 2009
- Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship
New York Medical College, 2006
- Blackie Celtic Prize
Distinction in Celtic language course
University of Edinburgh, 2003
- Chancellor’s Scholarship
University of California, Berkeley, 1999-2003
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Bao S, Tamir JI, Tariq U, Uecker M, Lai P, Chen W, Lustig M, and Vasanawala SS. Fast comprehensive single-sequence four-dimensional pediatric knee MRI with T2 shuffling. Oral presentation. International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Annual Meeting; 2016 May 7-13; Singapore.
- Zhang T, Chen Y, Bao S, Alley MT, Pauly JM, Hargreaves BA, Vasanawala SS. Resolving phase ambiguity in dual-echo dixon imaging using a projected power method. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2016 May 25.
- Bao S, Kharbanda S, Goodman S, Jaramillo D, Daldrup-Link HE. Can bone marrow edema serve as a predictive biomarker for bone collapse in patients with corticosteroid-induced epiphyseal osteonecrosis? Oral presentation. Society of Pediatric Radiology Annual Meeting; 2015 April 27-May 1; Bellevue, WA.
- Bao S. Practical cross-sectional anatomy: a case based approach. Invited speaker for the North Carolina Nuclear Medicine Technologist Spring Meeting; 2014 March 14-15; Winston-Salem, NC.
- Khan FJ, Bao S. When a mass is not a mass. Poster presentation. Society of Hospital Medicine Annual Meeting; 2014 March 24-27; Las Vegas, NV.
- Quik M, Parameswaran N, McCallum SE, Bordia T, Bao S, McCormack A, Kim A, Tyndale RF, Langston JW, Di Monte DA. Chronic oral nicotine treatment protects against striatal degeneration in MPTP-treated primates. Journal of Neurochemistry. 2006 Sep;98(6):1866-75.
- McCallum SE, Parameswaran N, Perez XA, Bao S, McIntosh JM, Grady SR, Quik M. (2006) Compensation in pre-synaptic dopaminergic function following nigrostriatal damage in primates. Journal of Neurochemistry. 2006 Feb;96(4):960-72.