About Stephen V. Klein
- Yeshiva University Albert, Einstein College of Medicine , Bronx, NY
- City College of New York, New York, NY
- Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
Intern in Internal Medicine
- Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
Residency in Diagnostic Radiology
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Philadelphia, PA
Fellowship in Cardiovascular/Interventional Radiology
- American Board of Diagnostic Radiology, 1988
- Certification of Added Qualifications, 1988
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, 2005
- State of Connecticut
- State of Massachusetts
- State of Pennsylvania
- State of New York
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- Society of Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology
- New England Angiography & Interventional Radiology Society
- American Medical Association
- Jefferson Radiology, Hartford, Connecticut
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, Staff Radiologist
- “CT Directed Diagnostic and Therapeutic Pericardiocentesis: 8 Years Experience at a Single Institution. Klein SV, Coughlin BF, Afridi H. Emergency Radiology 2005; 11 #6: 353-363
- Innominate Artery Transection Secondary to Blunt Trauma. Klein SV, Munshi IA, Engelman D. Ganai S, Kulshrestha P. J Trauma. 2003;54:202
- The Diagnosis of Common and Uncommon Spelnic Artery pathology Using Computed Tomography and Angiographic Correlation. Klein SV, Agarwal D, Irani Z. Abstract presented at RSNA Nov 2001
- Value of Spiral CT and Angiography in Recognizing Delayed Aortic Dissection After Blunt Trauma, Munchi IA, Klein SV, Volz L. Surgical Rounds, May 2001.
- Traumatic Arteriovenous Fistula of the Superficial Temporal Artery. Munchi IA, Klein SV. J. Trauma 2000: 49:359.
- CT-Guided Pericariocentesis in 170 Patients: Indications, Outcomes and Complications: Schielke LH, Klein SV, Coughlin BF. Poster presented at the ARRA meeting 4/98.
- Drainage of Pericardial Effusions Under CT-Guidance: A Review of Technique. Klein SV, Schielke LH, Coughlin BF. Poster presented at the ARRS meeting, April 1998. Received certification of merit.
- Imaging After Cardiac Surgery: Expected Findings and Complications. Kon KN, Coughlin BF, Klein SV. Published as article-Postgraduate Radiology 4/98; vol 18:2, pg. 72-85. Poster presented RSNA 1997. Received certification of merit.
- Utilization of Breast Core Biopsy in the United States: Results of a National Survey. March DE, Raslavicus A, Coughlin BF, Klein SV. AJR 1997;169;697
- Drainage of Pericardial Effusions: How We Do It versus “They” Do It – A Review of the Literature and Our Eight Year Experience in Performing Over 300 Pericardiocenteses. Klein SV, Afridi, HR, Agarwal D, Coughlin BF, Schielke LH., RSNA 2002
- Attempted Percutaneous Excision of Breast Lesions with Ultrasound (US) Guidance: Initial Experience Using a Hand Held Vacuum-assisted Device. March DE, Coughlin BF, Klein SV, Barham RB, Goulart RA, Bur M, Makari-Judson G, Frank JL. Presented at RSNA, November 2001
- Patient Tolerance and Perceptions of Percutaneous Removal of All Ultrasound (US) Evidence of Breast Lesions Using a Hand-held Vacuum-assisted Device. March DE, Klein SV, Barham RB, Coughlin BF, Bur M, Goulart RA, Makari-Judson G, Frank JL. Presented RSNA, November 2001
- Imaging appearances of ectopic gas collections in the chest: common and uncommon examples on radiographs, CT scans, and sonography. Coughlin BF, Sarma UC, March DE, Klein SV, Munshi IA. Presented RSNA, November 2001.
- The diagnosis of common and uncommon splenic artery pathology using computed tomography and angiographic correlation. Klein SV, Agarwal D, Arcuni JC, Irani Z. Presented at RSNA, November 2001
- Spenic artery embolization: Treading the tortuous path. Irani Z, Klein SV, Blackman G. Presented RSNA, November 2001
- Invited Lecture, “ Legs For Life: What you need to know about Peripheral Vascular Disease”, September 2000, Senior Class Glen Meadow, Longmeadow, MA
- The Radiologist Role in Trauma Management “Beyond Trauma X-Rays”, given at the 6th Annual Trauma Conference – Recognizing Pitfalls in Trauma Management, May 4, 2000, Log Cabin, Holyoke, MA
- “Radiologic Techniques for Treating Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding”, Spirit of Woman: Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding: treatment for the twenty-first century, January 18, 2000 Baystate Medical Center- Chestnut Building, Springfield, MA
- A Review of CT-Guided Drainage of 170 Pericardial Effusions. Klein SV, Coughlin BF, Schielke LH. Presented at the SCVIR meeting 3/25/99, Orlando Florida
- “Peripheral Vascular Disease, An Overview of Common Circulatory Problems”, to the “Senior Class” of Baystate Medical Center, July 27, 1999, Springfield Jewsih Community Center, Dickinson Street, Springfield, MA
- WHYN-AM 560, Talk show appearance “Healthy Mondays” – Legs for Life – Peripheral Vascular Disease Screening, August 23, 1999