About Steve Y. Lee
- SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine, Buffalo, NY
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Degree: A.B. Economics
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT,
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA,
- Yale University, New Haven, CT,
- Diplomate, American Board of Radiology, 1997
- Diplomate, American Board of Medical Examiners, 1991
- RSNA Certificate of Merit – Education ExhibitM, 2004
- RSNA Certificate of Merit – Education Exhibit, 2002
- Edward Sweet Memorial Teacher of the Year Award, 1999-2000
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- New England Roentgen Ray Society
- Association of Program Directors in Radiology
- American College of Physician Executives
- Percy WH, Lee SY, Won S, Burton,MB, Buraloff R. Reduced colonic responses to leukotriene D4 in a rabbit colitis model occurs in the muscularis mucosae: in vitro and in vivo evidence. Gastroenterology, 96: 1989.
- Percy WH, Lee SY, Burton MB, Won S, Burakoff R. Evidence in vivo and in vitro that leukotriene D4 excitation of rabbit distal colon originates in the muscularis mucosae. Gastroenterology 94: A542, 1990
- Percy WH, Eisner TD, Lee SY, Burton MB, Fallick F, Burakoff R. In vitro changes in rabbit distal colonic muscle sensitivity to inflammatory mediators in an induced colitis. Gastroenterology 94: A567, 1990
- Percy WH, Lee SY, Eisner TD, Burakoff R. Changes in the pharmacologic profile of rabbit distal colonic muscularis mucosae in an induced colitis. Gastroenterology 1990 A389, 1990
- Percy WH, Lee SY, Burton MB, Tolentino T, Burakoff R. Leukotriene D4 excitation of rabbit distal colon arises in the region of the muscularis mucosa. Am. J. of Physiology 259: 753-759 1991.
- Walker MT, Lee SY. Profound case of neocotical atropy in prolonged status epilepticus. AJR:173, Dec 99 1712-1713.
- Ghani M, Lee SY, Coughlin BF, Spectrum of Volvulus and Torsion Within the Abdominal Pelvic Cavity. CDR Vol24#14 July 2001.
- Huynh L, Coughlin BF, Wolfe J, Blank F, Lee SY. Patient Encounter Time Intervals in the Evaluation of Emergency Department Patients Requiring Abdominal/Pelvic CT: Oral Contrast vs. No Contrast. Emergency Radiology Vol.10 #6 310-314 July 2004.
- Lee SY Coughlin BF, Wolf J, Polino JR. Smithline H. Prospective Comparison of Helical CT of the abdomen and Pelvis Without and With Oral Contrast in Assessing Acute Abdominal Pain in Adult Emergency Department Patients. Emergency Radiology 2006;12 (4) 150-157.
- Wolfe JM, Smithline HA, Lee SY, Coughlin BF, Polino JR. Does Body Mass Index Affect the Interpretation of Noncontrast Abdominal Pelvic CT Scans Academic Emergency Medicine Vol.10,#5 541, 2003
- Goldmakher, G, Lee SY, Coughlin BF. Mature Cystic Teratoma of the Mesentery. Applied Radiology 2005; 34 (4)
- Gunderman R, Baily J, Feigin D, Lee SY , Shaw C, Should 12 Months of Training be Required Before Diagnostic Radiology Residents Take Independent Call? Academic Radiology October 2006: Volume 13 (10) 1286-1293. Also presented at the 54th meeting of the Association of University Radiologists,
- Wolfe JM, Smithline H, Lee S, Coughlin, B, Polino J, Blank F. The Impact of Body Mass Index on Concordance in the Interpretation of Matched Noncontrast and Contrast Abdominal Pelvic CT in ED patients with Nontraumatic Abdominal Pain. Am J Emerg Med 2006; 24: 144-148.
- The Effects of Leukotriene D4 on the Rabbit Colon Muscularis Mucosa Motility in a Colitis Model”, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Research Symposium, 1990
- Grand Rounds, Yale-New Haven Hospital, “Pseudomembranous Colitis: Clinical, Pathologic, Radiologic, and Therapeutic Update” 1992
- Speaker, Breast Symposium, Harris Hospital, 1997
- Ghani M, Lee S, Coughlin B. Volvulus and Torsion: A Twist on Abdominal Pain. Presentation at RSNA Annual Meeting 2000
- Lee SY. Imaging of Musculoskeletal Infections, Spring Radiology Seminar, Baystate Medical Center, April 2001
- Non-Invasive Testing for Adequacy of the Palmar Arch Prior to Radial Artery Harvesting for CABG-Results and Reasons for Failure to Recommend Harvest in 867 Consecutive Upper Extremities. Rhett Krause, Bret Coughlin, Steve Lee, David Deaton, Rodrick Williams, Patrick Barnett. Presented RSNA 2002.
- Lee SY, Coughlin BF, Polino J, Wolfe J, Blank D, Smithline H. A prospective comparison of non-enhanced and enhanced helical CT of the abdomen and pelvis in adult emergency room patients presenting with acute abdominal pain. presented, RSNA, 2002.
- Krause RD, Coughlin BF, Lee SY, Deaton D, William RA, BarnetT PA. Non-Invasive Testing for Adequacy of the Palmar Arch Prior to Radial Artery Harvesting for CABG: Results and Reasons for Failure to Recommend Harvest in 867 Consecutive Upper Extremities. RSNA 2002.
- Wolfe JM, Smithline HA, Lee SY, Coughlin BF, Polino JR. Noncontrast Abdominal CT Scans for Right Lower Quadrant Pain. Academic Emergency Medicine Vol.10,#5 500, 2003
- Wolfe JM, Smithline HA, Lee SY, Coughlin BF, Polino JR. Does Body Mass Index Affect the Interpretation of Noncontrast Abdominal Pelvic CT Scans ? Academic Emergency Medicine Vol.10,#5 541, 2003
- Coughlin BF, Lee SY, Wolfe J, Blank D, Polino JR, Smithline H. Interobserver Variability among Radiologists Evaluating A/P CT in Adults Presenting to the ED for Acute Pain. Poster Presentation, Annual Meeting of the RSNA, December 2004, Chicago, IL.
- Lee SY, Coughlin BF, Wolfe J, Blank D, Polino JR, Smithline H. Prospective Comparison of Helical CT without and with Oral Contrast of the Abdomen and Pelvis in Assessing Acute Abdominal Pain in 118 Adult Emergency Department Patients. Poster Presentation, Annual Meeting of the RSNA, December 2004, Chicago, IL.
- Andrejeva L, Patton W, Metz S, Lee SY, Krause R, Williams RA. MR Pelvic Floor Imaging: A One Year Experience with Clinical Correlation. Educational Presentation, Annual Meeting of the RSNA, December 2004, Chicago, IL.
- Welte FJ, Kim SC, Doshi DJ, O’Connor SC, Lee SY, Coughlin BF. Introduction of a MRIC-based Digital teaching File to Supplement the Subspecialty Emergency radiology Curriculum in radiologic Training. Poster presentation, Annual meeting of the RSNA, December 2006, Chicago, IL.
- Parthival K, Lee, SY. MRI Enhancement Patterns of Common Breast Masses. Education Poster. Annual Meeting of the RSNA, December 2007. Chicago, IL