Need to Know
Nice to Know
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is This Exam Done?
X-Rays are an excellent tool for assessing skeletal trauma (e.g. broken bones), for diagnosing the gastro-intestinal system (digestive tract), for high resolution diagnostic imaging of the breasts (mammography), and for comprehensive imaging of the thoracic cavity including the lungs and heart..
What Will Happen During the Exam?
Generally, two or three X-rays will be taken depending on the body part that is being viewed. You will be asked to remain as still as possible during the very short exposure time. If necessary, you will be instructed to hold your breath in order to prevent motion from blurring the images. A patient may return to normal activities once his X-rays are complete.
How Should I Prepare?
- There is no preparation required for an X-Ray
- You will be asked to undress and wear a gown during the exam
- You will be asked to remove jewelry and any objects that may interfere with the images.
- Please inform the technologist if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
What Should I Bring?
Your physician order if it has not already been sent it to us prior to your appointment
What Are the Benefits and Risks?
The benefits of Chest X-Ray:
- Widely available, making it convenient for patients
- Radiation does not remain in a patient’s body after the exam
- Effective for quick diagnosis or certain medical conditions
Risks you should be aware of:
- You will be exposed to a small dose of radiation during your exam. However, the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Avon100 Simsbury Road, Suite 101
Avon, CT 06001More Information
Bloomfield6 Northwestern Drive
Bloomfield, CT 06002More Information
Enfield100 Hazard Avenue, Suite 100
Enfield, CT 06082More Information
Farmington399 Farmington Avenue,
Farmington, CT 06032More Information
Glastonbury704 Hebron Avenue, Suite 100
(Access to building off Oakwood Drive)
Glastonbury, CT 06033More Information
Granby18 East Granby Road, Suite 202
Granby, CT 06035More Information
Hartford85 Seymour Street, Suite 200
Hartford, CT 06106More Information
West Hartford941 Farmington Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06107More Information
Wethersfield1260 Silas Deane Highway
Suite 100 (CT & MRI Services)
Suite 104 (All Other Services)
Wethersfield, CT 06109More Information